Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Second Life New Years Resolution List for 2018

If you've followed my blog for long you know I almost always do a New Years SL Resolution List.   I thought it would be fun to compare my first list from 2010 to how I am feeling this year.. 7 years later and see how successful I've been.  So here goes:

2010 # 1) Be a better friend. Focus on the one I'm with (which might make it hard to be a better friend to those IM'ing me while I'm focusing on the one I'm with, but I'll work it out)
   Some years I do better with this than others. I'll keep this one on the 2017 list for 2018. I'm not the greatest friend in SL partly because my SL contact/friend list is huge and I don't like to drop as although I value all my friends a lot, I just don't have much time for everyone.. but don't want to lose contact by dropping.  I also don't get so close to very many any more.  And finally some of my very best close friends have either left SL completely (KATHY where are you?) or have slowed it down to not being in hardly at all when I am.  Also I like to move /bounce around a lot which isn't great for getting close and my computer sucks right now which also is horrible when with friends and can be frustrating for them too.. sound/video is bad etc.

2) Always remember to wear clean underwear.... errr.. any underwear for that matter. (Stems from finally realizing the hard way that all SL men know how to cam even if they are noob and can't do anything else, and a realization that not all designers make underwear that covers everything)
   This one has come full circle for me... Once things went mesh many designers were adding in auto undie huds.. awesome and thanks to the designers that do this.. BUT, I've been noting many still do not and to top this off some of the dresses/skirts actually do not allow for mesh panties under their clothes and if you try to put some on, they stick out/through, thankfully there is the beaver patch (tiny panty looking tattoo to cover the bits or that spot anyway) to put on with these/ sold on marketplace. ) Stays on the list.

3) Don't take SL so serious that I allow myself to get overly upset, jealous, angry, or down on myself. I'll try to save those emotions for RL and just have fun in SL, as it should be. Don't worry be happy... and all that.
   I will never ever get this one right.  I've tried.  I've I can't force this in 7 years.. prob just not gonna happen. Off the list for 2018.. I give up.
   
4) Think of and change my password to something other than "password".
    Been changed a million times.  I'm not so noob now. Off the list. Success.

5) Try to be at least a little productive and not all just about me-after all it's the creators, workers and givers that make SL what it is for everyone to enjoy.
     Since 2010 I've been super productive in SL, however the past 2 years I've been very lazy and NOT been SL productive, but I am at the point where I think that's ok for now. I'll leave this on.. prob time for me to enjoy doing something productive again.

6) Exercise and eat right... o wait, that's for the other list. Ah what the heck, I like to exercise and eat in SL too-I'll leave it on the list.
    Same old.  Stays on.

7) Try to organize my abyss of an inventory... Hahahahahaah NOT--*scratching from list as deemed not possible SL*
    This is NEVER going to happen... some times I try, but it just overall gets worse and worse.. BAD.  sill waiting for LL to create some magical cloud storage .. is that possible? I'm not techy so idk.  Always on the list.

8) Budget spending--ROFL.. again.. scratching off list ...same reason (see 7). Adds: Continue to be the great bargain shopper that I am! Yay for bargains!
   FAIL I give up .. off the list. Won't happen.

9) Try not to tell the same stories and jokes at every get together... like SOME people I know.
   After being in SL so long.. sometimes this happens, especially when meeting new victims, I mean residents to share with .. however this one was never really about me at the time it was written.  Not needed atm.. off the list. Success?

10) Try harder not to keep IMing some ONE in particular in a hopelessly pathetic manner trying to get attention.
   Different year, different someone.  Almost over it though .. for now. Prob will happen again with a different someone again at some point.., I've learned in SL, never say never.  I'll leave this on the list as a reminder.

11) Try something new as often as possible.
Hmmm turned out to be an even 10, maybe top 10 at that.. once I eliminate number 7 which really really does need to be scratched.
    In SL it's ALWAYS a great day for me to try to do, see, or experience something new. I'm finding it a little harder to find that for myself in SL though since I have been in so long. I've always said if I ever get too bored I'll head over to Builder's Brewery  and take a free class to make or do something, however that day really hasn't come yet.  I have sat in on some of their classes for fun in the past but I really don't build much, only mod a bit.  New sims and experiences are great.. need more of something new and amazing though, and the people are always different and new so that keeps it fresh.  Always on the list.

Do I have new resolutions? Meh.. if I think of something I'll add it here.  Other than breaking down and just buying a new computer which is #1 on my priority list and IDK why I'm procrastinating it now that I've decided to do it.  I would like someone who truly knows,  to tell me which is the best gaming desktop for SL though.  (under 2k please) If you follow me you know I constantly fight my computers no matter which one I'm using. 

And a quote to keep me motivated:

Mark Twain
"New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."

If you are curious about some of my past New Years Resolutions here are some links to them (I am mostly dong this so I can find them more easily in the future lol, but thanks for reading if you made it this far.) They really haven't changed much and mostly have a few additions or subtractions.  Here's hoping you are happy with and stick to your new year's resolutions in SL!

2010: http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2010/12/sl-new-years-resolutions-in-making.html
2011: http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2011/12/karas-annual-second-life-new-years.html
2012: http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2012/12/annual-second-life-new-years_17.html
2013: http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2012/12/annual-second-life-new-years_17.html
2014 http://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2015/01/not-my-annual-new-years-resolution-list.html
2015: https://karasecondlife.blogspot.com/2015/12/happy-new-year-my-sl-friends-and-annual.html
2016: I gave up in 2016 lol /last year.. but I enjoyed and I went with the sentiments expressed on this popular meme: https://pics.onsizzle.com/im-not-making-settle-miss-resolutions-this-year-no-one-11290322.png  If you don't like links I'll just quote it here: "I'm not making new years resolutions this year, nobody likes a skinny sober bitch anyway." 

I'll end with this.....Happy New Year!

New Years Meme for the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment